Wednesday, July 2, 2014

If you fear the Oppressor, then we should give up; A recent conversation about Detroit.




In a recent conversation over FB, I was asking about where is the rage from Detroit Liberals, as in, where is the leadership, where is the organization and mass protest about all that is taking place. And this was one response that I thought I would share. For I personally believe that this encompasses many peoples worries on the Left about protesting. 

"Rich. the militarization of the police and the attacks against against Occupy in many cities are signs that the Tiananmen Square protests and the Istanbul protests are the wave of the future. a mass protest in any US city will face military tactics."

And here was my reply...

"[Y]ou are right. However, we can't fear that. Think of where this country would be now, if people were afraid to face the oppressor. There would be slavery, maybe. There wouldn't have been the Civil Rights Movement in the 60's. Rosa Park would have never sat down, no matter how tired she was. ITs time we, find our courage, like those that bled before us, so we their children could fight this fight again, for our children. And we continue to teach our children to fight and stand up against injustice...and the best way to teach children, is by example. I have been teacher my whole career, be it as a Nurse or a Special Ed. Teacher, i Know this works. Again, its time to stop being afraid of the retaliation, for if thats what www will fear, then give up. Just say its ok, for the rich to own our air, water, and our children.

I just don't want to go out like that. I ant my two year old to know that you don't fear justice. You don't fear the bully when he punches you. You stand up, and let them hit you again, and again, if need be. But you stand up for what is right and moral and just. Thats what I want my son to believe in, and thats what I want him to see his father do."

I really, honestly believe, with all my heart that all is lost if we embrace the fear of repercussion from the tyranny of the Oligarchy and their precious Corporations.

Just give up, #America. Just give up...  

No comments:

Post a Comment